SHOXX Vol. 223 2011/09 - Uruha #02 Personal Interview

« Older   Newer »

1. Kaori™
        +1   +1   -1

User deleted

(credits to http://deadtuninglucy.livejournal.com/952.html)

SHOXX Vol. 223 2011/09 - Uruha #02 Personal Interview

“I think being able to relax is an indispensable, necessary requirement to making good music.”

How has Uruha-kun been spending his days since [ABYSS] and [LUCY] ended in Nagoya at the beginning of June?

What was I doing? Oh, yeah, yeah, making songs. I’m still in the middle of it now, but because when June rolled around, for a while we had meetings to choose songs and I had to hold off, everyday I’ve been making songs like I’m being chased by our deadline.

What kind of changes came about in your daily life when you were at your wit’s end like that?

My sleeping time went way down. How should I put it…even today I came here without a wink of sleep [bitter laugh].

The climate has become hot, so isn’t the lack of sleep resounding in your body?

Right now I’m OK, but it might get a bit hard in the evening. Well, I thought I’d get some sleep today, but my nap time got taken. But even at a time like that, I can’t just fall asleep.

When you work all through the night and it turns into morning, like that your sympathetic nerves become predominant, there’s the case that even in sleep your auxiliary sympathetic nerves don’t function well. Maybe that’s the reason. [i]

When it heads into the climax of song writing, my daily life cycle gets really absurd. What’s the best thing to do?

Incidentally, Uruha-kun, what do you do when you want to sleep, but can’t?

I get in my futon, lay down, but even so end up lying there the whole time without sleeping. I drift off for a bit, but it’s a repeating cycle of not being able to sleep properly. The room is dark and the curtains are closed, but still, it’s no good.

Even if it’s morning, how about having a little bit of alcohol as a night cap?

Yeah… but that’s around 7 in the morning and I’ve got work again in the afternoon, so as to be expected, I can’t get too familiar with that feeling of drinking. That being said, I don’t want to have to rely on sleep aids. Well, at a time like that, maybe I should give hot milk a go? But as I thought of it, it was too much trouble, so I never tried [laugh].

Well then, when those strained days are over and you’ve been released from all sorts of work, what is the first thing you do, Uruha-kun?

At that kind of time, I drink at home. After that, I use my time where I don’t really have to do anything as a luxury.

Uruha-kun, you’re not really the type to go out drinking, right?

I’m the type who can normally drink and have fun by myself. Rather, I like to get fired up by myself [laugh].

At home, getting fired up by yourself…what kind of circumstances do you mean?

Whatever I’m doing is fun. Drinking while watching shows that I’ve recorded or a movie is fun. Playing guitar while I’m buzzed can become fun too. It’s the time when I can relax the most.

Even if you’ve been drinking, you just can’t part with your guitar. That’s truly like a guitarist.

There are often times I drink while making songs at home or during preproduction. To a certain extent, when taken in the proper amount, the ability to concentrate is often greater than when feeling sober. It’s easy for good songs and phrases to be born when I can relax and I feel good. If I drink, if I don’t drink…whether or not I can relax is an important thing. I think being able to relax is an indispensable, necessary requirement to making good music.

So that means you have a particular way of making songs when you’re at home?

It’s important. I think what’s necessary is that when everything doesn’t come together it’s unpleasant, so it’s ideal to create a stress free atmosphere. Speaking of which, just recently I bought a sound proof room and had it installed in my home.

That wouldn’t happen to be the one from the Sound Proof Room Series by Yamaha, would it?

Ah, yes it is. The pros came and set it up for me and lately I’ve been playing guitar and using my amp the same as I would at a live.

That’s amazing! Now with that you have the freedom to sound off whenever!

Or so I thought…The low tones are unexpectedly leaking out [bitter laugh]. So to a certain extent, I have to be careful of the hours I’m playing.

2. •NaNa__x
        +1   -1

User deleted

Ma...D: povero...Non vorrei essere nei suoi panni. Non riesco ad immaginare che zombie potrei essere dopo non aver dormito per giorni. Con tutto lo stress che avranno addosso poi...

1 replies since 19/9/2011, 08:19   74 views